ok first I must say I'm proud of myself for trying something like this - free of fear. I love macaroni and cheese from the box! lol but never thought of making it on my own...as easy as it appears to be.
It just happened that I ahd some cheeses in the fridge that needed to be used and there was a super sale on boxes of pasta.
This is a new brand from Ronzoni - cooks faster. Anything that limits my kitchen time is great in my book! lol
Ok so I googled a recipe online and printed 2 and actually combined them. Since mac n cheese is fairly simple in my book I took chances changing some ingredient amounts.
I didnt want to buy new cheese...so I used: Gruyere and Asiago and Parmesan. I know random but thats what I had and wasnt wasting more money.
So I cut up the cheese, cooked the pasta, made the cheese sauce with milk, flour and butter and added to the pasta.
I baked it for only like 10 minutes and everything was good
So overall I was pleased with this. I ate it and enjoyed it but I'm not sure if others would!! lol
That's a big issue with me - how do you know others will like it?!!!
How do you all handle that??
The cheeses are fairly strong but i like them.lol
Another problem I had was it was very cheesy! Not a bad thing for me but how do I correct that and make it more loke your kraft stuff??? add more milk??
So overall It was a success!!!
Tuesday, March 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







7 comments:
GIRL! Youre not gonna get it like Kraft stuff LOL
You should try more old school recipes too. And how to get others to eat it? Make your family taste it LOL Ive been cooking since I was 7 and I always made my sisters and parents eat everything. LOL
well i didnt want it like kraft or i would have used that box.. :) I wanted to make it home made, so i know it wont be the same. I sadly only have my hubby to taste test and he doesnt like cheese. lol might have to pack it up and send it to other family.
Oh my goodness, the cheese mixture in this just sounds delicious to me. <3
Yes, please don't let it be your goal to make your food taste like Kraft dinner. lol!
Everything looks good, recipe-wise, as long as you remembered to season it. With the butter and cheeses, it probably didn't need salt (or didn't need much), but hitting it with a little pepper never hurt. :) If you want to make your sauce less cheesy, I'd agree with more milk/butter.
You could always test it on Gina! :D
Ohh delicious. All the
cheese recipes seems very yummy!!! to me. I too love making it at home.
Erin - thanks! i figured that what I needed to add. If Gina only lived closer she would be my taste tester!
Tushar - thanks for that link. I love cheese more than any other food! lol
You know, I can't remember the last time I made Kraft Mac & Cheese without adding to it. I think whether it's completely home made or cheating with Kraft it's a hard one to really mess up :P Although, I'm all for throwing random cheese in my pasta then asking myself "does that even make sense?" As long as it's mostly edible I'll eat it lol.
Blueyez - thats a good points - i always add cheese to kraft as well. Perhaps when I was younger I left it alone. I was definately edible and yummy. Im craving it right now
Post a Comment