Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Behind the Blog: Interview with Sarah


Tell us about yourself.

Im Sarah a 28 year old, blogger, designer, owner of Daydream Ink, photographer, artist, Disney obsessed, internet junkie.  That's a mouth full but pretty much describes me.  I got married in Disney World in 2006.  We have two furbabies, two adorable yorkies names Lilo and Stitch.  We spend way too much time traveling to Disney World, and most of our family and friends think we are nuts.

What are your hobbies?
Other than blogging (which is a fairly new hobby), I enjoy planning disney trips, using photoshop, painting, photographing, and playing with my dogs.

What scares you most about the kitchen?
What doesn't scare me about it?  No really there are  4 main things that really scare me  about cooking.
1. Shopping and meal planning.....I panic when I enter a store and get lost in the aisles for  hours.

2. Side dishes - i admit it....i dont make sides only the main meal

3. My knife set -I have no clue what all those knives are for!













4. Cookbooks - i have a stash of cookbooks that I never open  because they overwhelm me.









What can you cook?
Ok I guess its not  fair to say I can't cook.  I think I would say that I don't enjoy to cook and am not graceful in the kitchen.  I can cook some things really well...only after  many practices. 
I can cook: meatloaf, home made pasta sauce, eggplant parm (only recently), fried rice, cheedar cheese soup, and a turkey.
There are a few other items that are my go-to meals and I plan on sharing those with you  as we go along

What was your biggest "kitchen catastrophe"?
Geeze this is a tough one.  Recently I have ruined:
 a cornish hen (i cooked it for  hours and it tasted terrible)
 a pasta dish with veggies..followed a recipe and all and it was a mess.  I threw it right into trash
Penne ala vodka -followed rachael ray's recipe and that was one epic fail for sure

What are your favorite foods?
Pizza, chicken parm, french toast and ALL desserts. I mean all.
Does coffee count as a food? lol

What is your biggest kitchen confessions?
I  buy lots of food, especially veggies and fruits and let them sit in my fridge and go bad.  I have great intentions of using them but never do.  I waste far too much food on a weekly basis.
I love to microwave everything!

2 comments:

Cecille Ericta on March 17, 2010 at 9:52 PM said...

Very funny! LOL! Dont feel bad about the Rachel Ray recipe.. for some crazy reason, they never work or if it does, it's never really that good.

Welcome to the blogging world! Its fulfilling, frustrating and addictive! But always remember to be yourself, don't be a conformist.. hey.. it's your blog.. you can say and do whatever you want to, so long you are not hurting anyone in the process.

Hugs! Cecille

Sarah - Daydream Ink on March 18, 2010 at 4:48 PM said...

thank you Cecille! Ok thanks for making me feel better about Rachael's recipes. Ive tried 2 actually adn falled. I didnt understand why...maybe she is not good are tranferring her measurements to print.lol

Thanks for the welcome. I enjoy connecting with those thats share common goals, issues and loves.

Post a Comment

 

Kitchen Catastrophes Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice