Sunday, March 21, 2010

Behind the Blog: Interview with Gina


Tell us about yourself.

I'm Gina. I am a 25 year old [unemployed] attorney, and a blogger. Like Sarah I am obsessed with Disney and I was also married in Disney World in 2009. When I am not in Disney World I wish I was and unfortunately I don't get there nearly as much as I wish I could but I have to admit I do go there more often than most people I know. I have two adorable kitties, Shooter Kitty and Deuce who I spoil and a wonderful husband named Steve who spoils me.


What are your hobbies?
ha! I don't do much. Hobbies were pretty much non-existent during law school (I had no time!) and now that I am out of law school I find myself with ample time and nothing to do! I spend most of my time looking for a job (yes, I passed the Bar exam but all those comments about how bad the economy is right now are true folks.) I love blogging and I love to read. I like all types of books. Lately my favorite author is Jodi Picoult but she can be depressing at times so I am on to lighter things in between her titles.

What scares you most about the kitchen?
EVERYTHING. OMG. I hate grocery shopping, as you've heard. I hate meal planning and I stink at it. I cannot even tell you how many BURNS I have from attempting to cook. The kitchen is the Devil!

I read a recipe and I just freak out. I look at it on the paper and say "nope, too much". Or WTF is it about recipes sometimes. Like I have a chicken salad recipe that starts with "8 oz. of cooked chicken", well tell me, how was I supposed to cook it. Grill? Fry? Bake? Why doesn't it TELL me!?

What can you cook?
Ha!! Microwavable entrees & pre-mixed cookies? Honestly, not much. I can make a decent burger and I have one interesting chicken sandwich, but as a far as homemade items go, that's about it.

What was your biggest "kitchen catastrophe"?
I actually severely burned myself in high school while baking cookies. I was on the phone with my husband (he wasn't my husband or even boyfriend then LOL) and I went to pull the cookies out of the oven. I felt the cookie sheet slipping and just out of instinct attempted to catch it. I have a MASSIVE horizontal line shaped scar on my left arm as an eternal reminder of that.

More recently I tried to make chicken cattatorie in the crock pot. Did I get a recipe? Nope. I winged it. It was so disgusting it tasted like plastic. IDK what I did wrong. I threw that into the garbage and got a Tendercrisp.

What are your favorite foods?
Chicken Parm, Filet Mignon, Lobster (YUMMM), I love spicy hot Thai food, I love all Mexican Food, cheesecake, red velvet cake (with creamcheese frosting), buffalo anything if it's super hot, anything cheesy anything fried anything hot.

What is your biggest kitchen confessions?
I buy lots of food, especially veggies and fruits and let them sit in my fridge and go bad. I have great intentions of using them but never do. I waste far too much food on a weekly basis.


<---- Sarah's answer and mine as well. I couldn't have said it better myself.

1 comments:

Sarah - Daydream Ink on March 26, 2010 at 3:57 PM said...

ok Gina we definately need help! lol
I feel your pain....and really ouch on that burn. That would scare me away from vooking for sure

Post a Comment

 

Kitchen Catastrophes Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice