Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Delicious Dessert Spotlight - Pocky


If there is one thing I love in life it's Desserts.  It my downfall and probably will be my demise one day.  However as I sit here typing my head if filled with images of yummy cupcakes, chocolatety snacks and sweet treats.  I'm not lying....Im a certified dessertoholic.

So here is my favorite snack right now. POCKY


















So what the heck is POCKY?  

It's actually a Japanese treat from the company Glico.  I discovered these tasty treats in Epcot in Disney World on a trip a few years back.  I was hooked.  And the motto among Pocky fans is "you can't just have one". They are just that good.

The Glico description of Pocky:
"Our efforts to create handy and convenient snacks resulted in Pocky's current design: pretzel sticks coated completely with chocolate except for a small portion at one end to make it easy to handle."

Glico makes several different variations of this snack including a strawberry one that I've tried.

After years of hunting around and searching for this treat in NY, I succeeded recently.  Much to my suprise they sell them in the international food section of my big supermarket. 

If you ever come across this box and are a fan of chocolate....give it a try.

- Sarah

3 comments:

Lauren on August 4, 2010 at 10:41 AM said...

Pocky was yummy!!

Allison L on September 1, 2010 at 1:59 PM said...

I love Pocky! I always found it at Walmart in the international section. Wish I was back home so I could have some now.

Erin on September 5, 2010 at 3:56 PM said...

Pocky's pretty tasty! I've found that animal crackers dipped in melted chocolate taste very close, though. :)

Post a Comment

 

Kitchen Catastrophes Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice