Friday, April 30, 2010

What's with all these damn knives??


So one of my top 4 fears in the kitchen  are knives. I have a nice set we got for our wedding but most of them just sit there unused.  We use the basic steak knives almost daily but other than that I am 100% clueless as to what knife to use to cut what food.

Half the time I use the steak knife and I know that's not the best way.

So I am determined to find out what the use for these suckers are!
In my determination to  find out what I should be using.  I found this awesome website and video!

Start Cooking.com is by Kathy Maister's and you should check it out if you want to learn more.  I have it bookmarked already!!

In this video she says I only need 3 good knives to cook.

I think i just found my new favorite site!  I think video blogs are great since they show you how to do it.

I admit I kind of got lost  watching her how to series and will showcase others on here  in the future

I also found this picture guide to knives that might be helpful. Although unless this is laminated on my kitchen counter I dont  know if I will use it.
Knives Kitchen Guide

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Kitchen Catastrophes Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice