Hello everyone! Sorry I have been such a slacker. I haven't really been cooking because I have been being a bit of a baby lately and cooking stresses me out but today I went grocery shopping and cooked some dinner so I thought I'd share with you what I did.
I made goat cheese stuffed chicken with sauteed spinach on the side. Boring, I know... I should have made another side but I am lazy!
The chicken was easy. Not extraordinarily flavorful but not bad at all. All I did was take boneless, skinless chicken breasts and cut a slit in the middle for the stuffing. I stuffed each with garlic and herb goat cheese, dipped each piece in eggbeaters, flour, eggbeaters, flour and stuck them in a pan to brown. After they were brown on each side I transferred them to the oven (on 350 F) for about 10 minutes until they were cooked through.
The spinach was a piece of cake, I should make this more often because it is tasty and easy. I heated a few tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and about a tablespoon of minced garlic in skillet and added my washed spinach to it, some red pepper flakes and a splash of lemon juice. I put a top on it, cooked it on medium heat for 6 minutes or so and it was done.
Spinach cooks down a lot so it looks like a ton when you first put it in but you wind up with a smaller portion. One thing I found is that it gave off a lot of water so I had to drain it before serving. I don't think there's much you can do about that.
So I could have used another side, I know... but it was tasty and pretty decently healthy. Goat cheese is my favorite thing ever. It's so decadent. YUM!
Until next time.....








3 comments:
come to my house and cook right now!!!!!! looks yummy
LOL it could have used some more flavor but it came out pretty good!
That sounds so good!
Post a Comment